One of the functions that most attracted the attention of the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus models is the possibility of being able to contact Siri only by mentioning "Hey Siri", even if the device is not charging or with the screen on. Cortana the assistant that came from the hand of Windows 10 too offers us the possibility of being able to call it when we are in front of the computer and we need your help, either to read us the mail, open a web page, show the nearest caterer or tell us the weather tomorrow.
Cortana is not limited to being an assistant who responds to our voice, But we can train it to only respond to our voice commands or to also work when the computer encounters the lock screen. As we can see, Microsoft has done its homework well in terms of its personal assistant. In just over a month Apple will launch the final version of macOS Sierra, the first version of OS X that will integrate the personal assistant Siri into the desktop operating system of the guys from Cupertino. When it reaches the market we can make a comparison to see which one offers us more and better functions.
Activate Cortana to always listen
- First of all, we must have Cortana configured to work through our microphone or an external microphone that we have connected to our PC or laptop.
- Next we click on the box where we can read Ask me anything.
- Once the search box has been displayed, we will click on the gear wheel located in the lower left part.
- Where it indicates Hello Cortana, we enable the tab so that our Windows 10 PC is always pending if we pronounce the Hello Cortana command.
- We can also enable the following option for when the device is charging and locked, Cortana can respond to our commands.