If you're looking for widgets for windows 10, I'm sure it's because you've already tried these little information cards before and now you don't know how to live without them present on your computer screen.
Although Microsoft gave us a scare a few years ago by removing them, the latest versions of their operating systems have brought back these very useful tools. Today we are going to review the best ones that you can find in both the free and paid versions.
Table of Contents
Widgets are small applications, interactive cards that appear on the screen of our computer (or mobile) and provide us with information in a fast and very accessible way. They can tell us, for example, what the temperature is outside, show us the time, or notify us of the latest news.
The good thing about them is that keep us connected with the information that interests us without the need for us to be opening different programs or connecting to the internet.
Microsoft jumped right into the world of widgets with Vista, but much to the chagrin of users, later versions of its operating system no longer had this functionality. The company's explanation is that these applications consumed a lot of resources and caused some security problems.
But the client ends up commanding and, after some adjustments, the widgets are back in Windows 10 and 11.
The best free widgets for Windows 10
Formerly known as HD Widgets, this application can be download in Microsoft Store. It is free to use, but contains advertising. One of its great advantages is that it gives many options for customizing the information cards.
Through them you can immediately access the clock function (including different time zones), weather, calendars, calculator, CPU performance, social networks and much more. Additionally, users can define your widget style, choosing the color you prefer.
To achieve greater customization, it is necessary to purchase the paid version.
Also in the Microsoft Store you can find the BeWidgets application for free. Its main strength is that, although with limitations, allows users to create their own dynamic cards.
With it you can choose what type of content you will see on your screen, and even its aesthetics. And you don't have to be a specialist, because they have a very intuitive operation.
You start by selecting the type of widget you want to put in your writing and then customize it to your liking. You can change its visual appearance, but also its size and even its position.
You decide if you want it to always appear above any window or if you are going to configure it so that you cannot click on it.
To improve your productivity, you can take advantage of this tool to create shortcuts to the programs and sites you use the most, such as Microsoft Word or Discord.
The best widgets for Windows 10 and Windows 11 paid
If you want to go a step further to personalize your screen and improve your productivity, then you need widget apps that are a bit more advanced than the free ones.
In the event that the widgets that come by default in the most common applications fall a bit short, it's time to take a leap in quality.
Pro Widgets is considered as one of the best widgets for Windows 10 because it offers functionalities that are not available in other applications.
You can, for example, add dynamic cards such as a dictionary or a translator to your writing.
It is a simple app created to work with Windows 11, but it does not have compatibility problems with Windows 10, so you can still use it. Of course, you will have to pay for it, although its price does not reach 2 euros.
One of its strengths is that it offers the user many customization options. For starters, you can choose if you want to have all your widgets grouped together or if you prefer to freely place them in different locations.
It also allows you create shortcuts to your most used programs, and you can fully customize the aesthetics.
The best calendar apps for Windows 10
These apps that we have seen offer you some of the most common widgets. But if you prefer to customize your desktop with independent apps, we leave you a list of some that can help you.
If what you need is a calendar widget, these are some of the most recommended applications:
- Time Doctor. It is much more than a calendar, because it allows you to manage work time, it even has notifications in case of distraction.
- Chronos Calendar +. It stands out for its attractive design, but also for having accessory features such as annotating appointments and events, lunar phases and even the Zodiac calendar.
- My Calendar. It is a highly customizable app that allows you to organize your day in a simple way.
- powerplanner. Rated by many as the best calendar app, it is perfect for managing time for both students and professionals.
The best clock apps for Windows 10
It is impossible to talk about widgets for Windows 10 without mentioning the clock apps, because they are among the ones that users like the most.
- SenseDesktop. It stands out for its intuitive interface and its high level of customization, since the user can choose the format of the clock, place it anywhere, change the size and opacity. In addition, it provides weather information.
- Digital Clock 4. It is a widget that stands out for its simplicity, which only shows the time in digital format. Of course, you can change its size and position. Its objective is to provide useful information, but without distracting the user.
- Clocks. The app has up to five different types of watches, so that the user can find the one that best suits their tastes and needs. In return, its level of customization is rather low.
- DS Clock. In its default mode it shows the date and time, but it has multiple customization options. For example, it allows you to add new time zones, change the colors and the format in which the data is displayed.
Any of these widgets for windows 10 You can increase your productivity and personalize your work team. And you, which ones do you use?