Having an SSD drive is the best, but these have a shorter life than more normal HDDs. For this reason, it is interesting to have a configuration on our PC in which we have the OS installed on SSD hard drive plus the programs we use the most, and on the other hand we have games and other apps on a normal hard drive. This takes a lot of work off the SSD and extends its life.
For this reason it is interesting to change where all the video games that we have on Steam are installed, since, by default, they take them to a root directory C. So we are going to show you how change location where the video games that you install from this platform that is so interesting for all types of video games will begin to be installed, which is one of the greatest advantages of having a computer.
How to change the location where Steam games are installed on your PC
- Click on the menu "Steam" in the upper left
- select «Parameters» and the window with all the settings will open
- We look for the tab "Downloads" and we click on it
- We now click on "Steam Library Folders"
- In the pop-up window, click on «Add Library folder»
- We click on the top bar to select the hard drive where we want to create the folder where all the games will be installed
- We now click on "Create folder"
- In the created folder we right click and select it "Convert to default folder"
You will be ready for all video games that you are installing go to that new folder created on the hard drive prepared for it. It will not move the games that you have installed, but it will work for the new ones that you install from now on.