If our computer has begun to show problems with the Internet connection, in the first place we must begin to rule out which may be, one by one, the causes of the problem. If all the devices in our home in charge of managing the Internet signal in our home work perfectly with other devices, most likely the problem is on our computer.
The best way to find out is by making use of the RJ-45 connection, the network cable of a lifetime (since he won the battle with coaxial cable). If when connecting a network cable directly from the router, our computer connects perfectly to the Internet, the problem is found in our wireless network card.
If it is a desktop computer, we just have to go to a computer store and order a new one that meets the requirements we are looking for. But if it is a laptop, we will have to know what the specifications of the adapter are, in order to find the same model to replace it. To do this, we must access the characteristics of the Wifi card by following these steps.
What is the manufacturer of my Wifi card
- First we address the options windows settings, which we can access through the Start button and clicking on the gear wheel found in the left column.
- Next we go to the menu Network and Internet.
- Once we have accessed the Network and Internet menu, we go to the left column and click on the option Wi-Fi
- In the right column, the name of the Wi-Fi connection to which we are connected will be displayed, if it is the case, and just below Show available networks, we will find the option Hardware properties.
- Clicking on Hardware Properties will show all the information of the Wifi card that we have installed on our computer, either laptop or desktop.