In other operating systems, as in Android, the user has the option to change app permissions to protect your privacy. These permissions are responsible for allowing the application to access contacts, image gallery and many others, such as phone calls.
If we go to Windows 10, when we install those programs from the Windows Store Or otherwise, the applications do not ask us for permissions, but this does not mean that they can later access certain important aspects for privacy such as location, calendar or account information. We teach you how to be in control.
How to change app permissions in Windows 10
- The first thing we are going to do is go to the menu Home> Settings> Privacy to access privacy settings
- You will find in the left panel all the settings that you can access such as location, camera, microphone and many others.
- Click on each of them and the main window will show the option to "Choose applications with access to contacts", for example
- In a jiffy you will be able to see which apps they use, in this case, access to contacts
- You select one and you press on the switch to deactivate it
- So you can do with all the apps you want
You also have the option, in some cases such as the camera and microphone, to disable generally so that neither can make use of either of those two characteristics.
A section that we may not take into account, but it does have its great importance for the amount of information that can supply all those applications that can be installed from a Windows 10 computer. So it is not bad that you spend a few minutes checking which apps use the microphone, location or other types of elements.