Especially when purchasing new equipment or resetting it, It is usually very common to install a multitude of applications and programs in the same. On many occasions it is thought that in the not too distant future they will be used, or that they may come in handy for the future.
However, it is possible that, for some reason, after a while you do not need a certain program that you have installed on your Windows 11 computer. For this same reason, from here we are going to show you how you can uninstall step by step any of the programs that you have installed on your Windows PC step by step, explaining the different possibilities that exist for you to choose your favorite.
Table of Contents
So you can uninstall any program in Windows 11
As we mentioned, It can be a very good idea to uninstall those programs, applications or games that you are not using in Windows 11, in order to free up resources on your computer. The process for this is very simple, and can be done through different ways depending on your preferences.
The easiest way to uninstall a program on a Windows 11 computer is do it directly from your computer's Start menu. To do this, you just have to follow these steps:
- On your PC, go to the position of the taskbar with the cursor and then click on the button Home for it to show up.
- Once inside, locate the application or program that you want to uninstall. If it does not appear in the main part, try clicking on the button All applications that appears at the top right of it.
- Now click on it with the right mouse button.
- In the menu that will appear, select the option Uninstall and confirm the selection.
Uninstall a program from Settings in Windows 11
Although the above method is one of the easiest to uninstall an application or program in Windows 11, it is also there is the possibility to uninstall what you need using the application Configuration that comes standard with Windows 11. To do this, you must follow these steps:
- On your computer, click on the Start button and then locate the application Configuration to access all options.
- Once inside, between the sections on the left side of the screen, you must locate and select Applications.
- Next, on the right side, you will have to mark the first option: Applications and features.
- Now inside the section Application List, all the applications, programs and games installed on the computer will be displayed.
- Locate the program to be uninstalled from the PC among all of them, and then press the three-dot icon that appears on the right.
- Finally, in the new menu that will be displayed, select Uninstall. You may have to confirm your choice later, or you may have to follow the steps of a new wizard.
Uninstall a program in Windows 11 using the classic control panel
Especially in the age of Windows 7 and earlier versions of the operating system, it was very common to perform configuration options using the so-called Control panel. To this day, it is still present on computers that incorporate Windows 11, so it can also be useful to uninstall a program. To open it and uninstall, you just have to follow these steps:
- Using the taskbar search, you can search for “Control Panel” and in the list of suggestions, the same should appear.
- Once it loads, on the home screen you must select the option Programs.
- Then, in the new list that will be displayed, you will have to choose again Programs and Features.
- Now, the list of installed apps and programs will be displayed.
- Choose the one you want to uninstall and, using the bar at the top, select the option Uninstall.
- Follow the steps of the wizard that will be displayed to continue.